Visual LANSA Framework (VLF) EPC132100
Date : 7th October 2014
Visual LANSA Framework (VLF) EPC132100 provides Unicode support, IBM i password management, tailoring of User Authority reports and other new features that improve productivity, functionality and usability. See 'What's New' in the updated VLF guide (LANSA048.chm) for detailed information.
|Product||Visual LANSA Framework (VLF)|
|Pre-Requisite Details||You must be using a LANSA V13 SP2 with EPC132500 or later applied. See Supported Platforms Document|
Partitions must be multilingual and RDMLX enabled.
For RAMP-TS applications Axes software must be at version 3.10 or later.
VLF-WEB requires either Chrome (latest), Safari (latest), Firefox (latest), MS IE10 or MS IE11 for developers and end users.
If you are using RAMP-TS then developers must have MS IE10 or MS IE11 installed.
Any newlook software used with RAMP applications must be at version 220.127.116.1169 or later.
If you upgrade Newlook software new license codes may be required.
|Future Planning Notice||As previously indicated, this version of the VLF no longer supports GZIP File Compression, Auto Session Signoff, Windows XP Web Styles, Web Load Image feature, WAMTRANS=C, Form Layout Assistant and RTF Rad-Pads.|
|Valid Upgrade Paths|
Note: If your VLF version is not listed contact your LANSA vendor for advice.
Note: To find out your version start your framework as a designer. Use the Help -> About menu options. Scroll to find VL Framework Build Number.
|Full Distribution||This is a full distribution. It may be used to install a brand new VLF or to upgrade an existing one.|
|IBM i Specific Special Notes||The IBM i instructions are expedited procedures that assume a sound knowledge of IBM i.|
You should perform upgrades under a user profile that is QSECOFR, part of the QSECOFR group, or, has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
|Document Updates||Updates to these guides are part of this EPC: |
Major New Features in EPC132100
Refer to the "What's New" section in LANSA048.chm - Visual LANSA Framework Guide
|153144||VLF-WIN Screen wrappers vHandleArrive event now receives the screen's variant name as a parameter|
|153156||VLF-WIN If Apply Extended Validation is true, verify IBM i signon and route message back to sign on dialog|
|153237||VLF-WIN Recover connection option are now visible shown when server type is IBM + RAMP-NL|
|153247||VLF-WIN/WEB Value of end user visible MTXT "Change IBM I Password" used in sign on panel when allowed would always show ENG even after modifying and recompiling UFU0003. This is now fixed|
|153248||VLF-WIN Icons and Bitmaps using the “None” icon /bitmap as a null value are now shown correctly.|
|153249||VLF-WIN Make the verify button visible for the “user object name/type” property, on the business object identification properties tab.|
|153435||VLF-WIN The caption override feature released with EPC132100 now needs to be progressively enabled. This avoids performance on large frameworks.|
|153435||VLF-WIN Allows the construction of right mouse pop up menus to be customized.|
|153642||VLF-WEB The first attempt to retrieve an NKEY (numeric key) of the current instance list entry may return 0 instead of the correct value. This is now fixed|
|153943||VLF-WIN The Sequence property field on the Commands Enabled tab was limited to a maximum value of 80. Now 9999.|
|154299||VLF-WIN The update of data on an instance list entry would not update Dcolumns 2 – 5. This is now fixed. (This problem did not apply to snap in instance lists)|
|154317||VLF-WEB The avHandlerCaption property of WAM command handlers was lost in epc132100. It has now been re-added.|
|154365||VLF-WIN After clicking on a drop down navigation menu item for an application containing no business objects, the caption shown as selected on the drop down navigation menu would be wrong. This is now fixed. It is however recommended that if you design an application with no business objects you should avoid using the drop down navigation menu.|
- LOAD: Double-click on EPC132100w.exe to execute it. If you have multiple Visual LANSA configurations, a dialog box will be displayed listing the available LANSA configurations on your machine. Select the Visual LANSA configuration to which the EPC is to be applied. When you have selected the correct Visual LANSA configuration and pressed OK the EPC will be loaded ready for installation.
- INSTALL: Start your Visual LANSA IDE. Select the LANSA partition to be updated with this EPC. On the Visual LANSA logon screen click on the "Partition Init..." button and select the "Visual LANSA Framework" option. When this operation completes, EPC132100 has been installed into the partition.
- REPEAT: The preceding step for each LANSA partition that is to be installed or updated.
- CHECK: That all Additional Actions from this and any other relevant EPC documents have been completed.
If you are using server side components of the Visual LANSA Framework, update any additional (ie: non-local) development Windows servers you are using.
Refer to "Setting up your Framework Environment" -> "Windows Web Server" in the Visual LANSA Framework Guide for detailed instructions.
If you are using server side components of the Visual LANSA Framework or are using RAMP, then you need to update any IBM i servers you are using.
- Sign on with QSECOFR user profile, part of the QSECOFR group or a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
- Back up all the LANSA folders, system libraries and ALL the LANSA IFS objects (LANSA_pgmlib/x_lansa) before applying this EPC.
- You need exclusive use of the LANSA system before applying the EPC. To check for active users, refer to Appendix B How to check for Active Users in the Installing LANSA on IBM i guide for instructions.
- End the Listener, Host Monitor and Web Server for the LANSA system and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program.
- Move the unzipped save file EPC132100 to an IFS folder on the IBM i ( e.g. /LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc132100 )
- For this EPC use the following options:
- Install the EPC from = *IFS
- Apply this EPC to = FULL_LANSA_SYSTEM
- Run the following command before the LOADEPC command to avoid having to add the LANSA program library to the jobs library list:
ADDLIBLE <Your LANSA program library name (eg: [email protected])>
- Prompt the command <your LANSA program library name (eg: [email protected])>/LOADEPC
Use these command parameters:
EPC number . . . . . . . . . . . > 132100
Install the EPC from . . . . . . > *IFS
IFS Path and object name . . . . The full name of the EPC132100 save file on your IFS eg:/LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc132100
Apply this EPC to . . . . . . .FULL_LANSA_SYSTEM
LANSA web server admin lib . . . . . <Your LANSA program library name (eg: [email protected])>
- Use DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) to save a job log record of what the LOADEPC command did.
- Verify the creation of VLF_SV16:
DSPSAVF <your LANSA program library name (eg: [email protected])>/vlf_sv16
- Show the header and verify the save date.
- Start LANSA in the desired partition.
- Choose Work with Administration Tasks.
- Choose option 1 Initialize Partition. You should be presented with a list of available imports.
- Choose option 7 to import VLF_SV16. You may have to page down.
- Keep the LANSA import log (QSYSPRT) and joblog (QPJOBLOG) for a few days.
© 2014 LANSA
Note: Support Portal access required to download EPCs. Log in and then select EPC option from menu on left.